Qtopia

Peter Abplanalp pabplanalp+openmoko-support at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:45:10 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Peter Abplanalp <pta at psaconsultants.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Jim Morris <ml at e4net.com> wrote:
>
> However now when I click the mail/messages icon, it goes to Create New
>> message screen there seems no
>> way to see the inbox, or read email from gmail which I had added (but
>> didn't work). When I take the
>> SIM card out it returns to the list starting with inbox etc.
>>
>> I had received some SMS messages when the SIM card was in, but I could not
>> find anyway to read them.
>> When I removed the SIM card, I could click on inbox and see the SMS
>> messages I received.
>

> i observed the same behavior last night after i installed qtopia but i
> didn't have an sd card installed.  it just seemed to fix itself after a
> while.  at first i got the messaging menu when clicking on the envelope icon
> but after a while clicking on the envelope icon took me to the 'create new
> message' screen and i was unable to get to newly received messages.  after a
> while, clicking on the envelope brought up the menu again.  i have no idea
> what i might have done to break it or later fix it.

i've played with this a bit more and figured out this much: if i try to go
to the messages from the dialer, i go to the 'new message' screen which i
assume is for sending a new sms.  if i use the cancel button to go back to
the dialer i get back to the dialer but from then on if i try to get to the
messaging menu from anywhere, i get sent to the 'new message' screen.  i can
no longer get to the messaging menu where i can see new, inbox, trash, etc.
if i restart qtopia and then go to messages through the qtopia menu,
everything is great but as soon as i use the dialer message button, i get
stuck in the 'new message' screen again.

i hope that helps in identifying the problem.

--
Peter Abplanalp