mkfs.vfat on 2007.02

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Fri Jul 25 11:43:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to follow instructions at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#Prepare_the_SD_card to
prepare my SD card for dual-booting ASU, however I don't have the
'mkfs.vfat' command and don't know how to get it. Following instructions
in the wiki (for if you don't appear to have mkfs.vfat):

-----------------------------------
root at om-gta02:/var/volatile/tmp# wget
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily-feed/a
rmv4t/ncurses_5.4-r15_armv4t.ipk
Connecting to buildhost.openmoko.org (78.47.190.211:80)
ncurses_5.4-r15_armv 100% |*******************************|   164k
--:--:-- ETA

root at om-gta02:/var/volatile/tmp# opkg install ./ncurses_5.4-r15_armv4t.ipk
Multiple packages (ncurses and ncurses) providing same name marked HOLD
or PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (ncurses and ncurses) providing same name marked HOLD
or PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (ncurses and ncurses) providing same name marked HOLD
or PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (ncurses and ncurses) providing same name marked HOLD
or PREFER.  Using latest.
Upgrading ncurses on root from 5.4-r14 to 5.4-r15...
Collected errors:
 * Package ncurses md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index
are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.

root at om-gta02:/var/volatile/tmp# ls /sbin/mkfs.*
/sbin/mkfs.ext2            /sbin/mkfs.ext3.e2fsprogs
/sbin/mkfs.ext2.e2fsprogs  /sbin/mkfs.minix
/sbin/mkfs.ext3

It's also strange that no matter how many times I run 'opkg install' I
always get the "Upgrading ncurses on root from 5.4-r14 to 5.4-r15..."
line. Anyone know what's going on? Does the wiki need updating?

Aaron