neod and pusleaudio -- evil tandem? ;-)

site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Fri Jul 25 22:47:13 CEST 2008

I think I haven't mentioned it before... but on current 2007.2 I have
neod and pulseaudio at 10% and 6% cpu utilization although nothing is
happening. imho pulseaudio should be  0% (or close to it) unless
anything is playing. neod if screen is locked also should be at minimal
load... so is that 16%  cpu utilization normal?

and then I have the same problem with loosing sound after resume -- (I
simply have dim/lock PM strategy on) -- pulseaudio goes busy for a few
seconds after resume, and then sounds are gone (no tapping sound no
ringing sound -- just vibration). And that of cause removes pulseaudio
from the list of 'busy' processes although pulseaudio is still running
 (neod remains as busy as before 9-10% CPU). Restart of pulseaudio and
 then x-server (to have dialer/today reconnected to pulseaudio) helps
 until next suspend (and they both again run at those 16% CPU ;-))

 So -- any ideas?

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark