Buzzing on GSM audio

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Jul 26 02:17:33 CEST 2008

Am Sa  26. Juli 2008 schrieb Jim Morris:
> Matt Luzum wrote:
> >

> > I'm using 2007.2.  I've attached everything in
> > /usr/share/oopenmoko/scenarios/, and I don't believe I've updated
> > anything since I received a call earlier today that sounded fine on both
> > ends, so they should be good.  Also, I'm using T-mobile in the U.S.
> >

> Ok so the state files are identical to mine, I also use T-Mobile in the US,
yet I have a terrible
> buzzing and you don't.
>
> That in itself is very interesting.
>
> Anyone from Openmoko want to jump in here and give us an update?

The update is, we're still on it (I posted some days ago).
And, like Matt says: It's depending on Provider (plus a plethora of other
factors), but doesn't seem to be very device-specific (i.e. changing your
device for a new one doesn't help, at least right now). Changing Provider may
help a lot.
Seems, this (GSM-noise) can't be tackled by asla setup. Though low volume,
echo etc actually can, to a certain degree.

cheers
jOERG
OM HW development