mkfs.vfat on 2007.02

Rene Horn the.rhorn at
Sat Jul 26 05:04:09 CEST 2008

So, hypothetically, only one partition needs to be made.  A separate boot
partition is no longer necessary, right?

I'll update the wiki, but I want someone to double check my changes to make
sure that what I put in there is correct.

Rene "Supercheetah" Horn

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Mike Montour <mail at> wrote:

> Aaron Sowry wrote:
> > However the problem as it stands currently is that there doesn't seem to
> > be a package containing mkfs.vfat, or at least I can't find out what it
> > is. Anyone?
> It's in dosfstools. You can bitbake it yourself with OE/MokoMakefile or
> download one that I've built from
> Note that the "Booting from SD" wiki page is out of date. The newest
> u-boot images (20080723 or newer) are able to load the kernel from
> ext2/3 so you don't need a FAT partition any more.

the.rhorn at, hornr18 at (UW-Oshkosh email address), - Pictures from me, family, and friends
SDF Public Access UNIX System -

Jay Leno in response to Colin Powell's deadline for an Iraqi
"They can take ours. After all, we aren't using it..."