how to fix apm problem .

Henrik henrik at zimmer.to
Sat Jul 26 13:12:22 CEST 2008

ChandleWEi <chandle.wei at ...> writes:

> root <at> om-gta02:/proc# cat /proc/apm
> 1.13 1.2 0x02 0x00 0x02 0x02 -1% -1 min
>
> root <at> om-gta02:/proc# apm
> Off-line, battery status critical
>
> Line   : off
> Battery: -1% (?)

This same thing happend to me. I thought the phone was gonna shutdown any minute
and I kept trying to charge it until 3am last night, but it only took charge for
about 1 minute and then the red battery indicator was there again (instead of
the charge flash).

This morning i reflashed the phone
(http://buildhost.openmoko.org/releases/Freerunner/ ) and it turns out that my
battery was actually fully charged (well 96% anyway).

It seems this problem appears after doing a
# opkg update
# opkg upgrade
(followed by a reboot).

Since I want an up to date system I tried to upgrade again and am now stuck with
-1% power left again. I am guessing that some updated package (apmd?) messes
things up.

Another problem I experience is that my FR doesn't fully charge the battery
(like I mentioned above), I am only able to get about 96% then the charging
stops. I am also not sure how accurate the 96% are, since after about 2 hours
use I was down to about 60% which seems odd.

Does anyone have an idea of which package to downgrade in order to get an
accurate battery reading/inducator? (so that I only need to downgrade one
package and keep the rest of the system up to date)

Thanks in advance,
Henrik