Buzzing on GSM audio

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 13:52:53 CEST 2008

> Belgium (JIMmobile)
> and I also have this problem with the 2007.2 image, with our without wifi
> or gps
> there isn't much static on my end,
> but the volume is quite low
> the other end also has low volume and when i increase his/her volume
> they get an echo

I have an interesting observation to share. India still has old fixed copper
wire telephones (landlines) and when I call a landlines both sides seem to
be getting clear connections (no buzz and even the volume on the receivers
end is louder)

When calling a GSM mobile there is a buzz (sometimes, not always when I call
someone using my provider [Airtel in India] and almost always when calling
someone on another provider). Even more interestingly some people have
claimed that the volume and buzz is less when they call me. For example many
times I call someone, they will say that there is disturbance and that they
are going to cut the call and call me back. And when they call back they
report a clearer line.

I am using the latest Qtopia kernel and Rootfs.

Anyway I have started to use the Freerunner as my only phone so I will be
automatically testing the GSM buzz problem on each call!

Another approach I was thinking of was that if there is anyone on the list
who is not having the GSM buzz problem to please write in with their kernel,
rootfs and provider information.

Rakshat

--
Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and is