setting up gstreamer registry

ritz khadgaray at
Sat Jul 26 21:56:39 CEST 2008

  i have deleted /home/root/.gstreamer-0.10 folder from my freerunner.
Is there a way t recreate this, as i see any gst based apps terminating
with error. I was under the belief that gstreamer re-created registry
when it was deleted.

messages as seen from strace below ( abridged )

open("/home/root/.gstreamer-0.10/registry.arm.xml", O_RDONLY|
O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(1, "Error initializing: Error re-sca"..., 76Error initializing:
Error re-scanning registry , child terminated by signal

ps: Thanks for make the effort for a more open world.

Ritesh Khadgaray
Ph: +919970164885
Desktop LinuX N Stuff, RHCE
Software Maintenance Engineer, Pune, Red Hat
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.