Qtopia - sms message from 129

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sat Jul 26 23:25:16 CEST 2008

Everytime I call my voicemail on T-Mobile USA, I get a message (presumably SMS) from 129 with no body.

I presume this is meant to turn off message waiting flag or something?

How would you configure QTopia to deal with this message? Its annoying to have my inbox full of 129
empty messages :)

Also when I leave a voicemail on T-Mobile, Qtopia gets another message from 129, again empty,
presumably this tell the phone there is a message waiting.

I don't know if this is standard fro GSM ot tmobile specific. However I remember my Motorola A1200
had the same bug which was eventually fixed, and it correctly showed voicemail message waiting flags
and cleared them when picked up.

Thanks
Jim

--