Closing applications in ASU

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 27 16:32:33 CEST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:20:12 +0530 "sparky mat" <max at sparkymat.net> babbled:

remove does close it - *IF* the application responds to delete requests - if it
decides not to close itself (if it advertises talking the WM_DELTETE protocol).
if it doesn't say it speaks this protocol - the client connection is terminated.

i'd be majorly surprised that this doesn't work. this is the same code that
closes windows in e on the desktop - and it has over many years... never
failed. it works for me right now in ASU. all i can imagine is that your ASU is
some broken build with broken lib versions etc, or the application is just
refusing to close.