OM2007.2 continuously freezes!

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Mon Jul 28 07:12:12 CEST 2008

imho it doesn't sound good. full freeze usually points either to problem
in a kernel or (most often) problem in hardware (in turn most often
memory or video). I haven't seen any other similar report (not
that I watch the lists too closely) -- and all people get and run
theoretically the same software (out of the box) on the same hardware
(all the rev5 units :-)).  The fact that you don't get immediate freeze
on qtopia or ASU images doesn't remove possibility of memory (or other
HW) issue -- could be solely due to different usage pattern. Thus, if
you experience similar halt with either of those two (may be not so
often as with 2007.2) I would vote for hardware problem, thus I would
suggest to try contacting OM (or your vendor) for replacement.

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark