Next step on un-bricked FreeRunner

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Mon Jul 28 11:52:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:16:28AM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> >> download of Qtopia?
> >
> > Do you mean the application downloads at qtopia.net? I don't know how
> > those are meant to be installed, but certainly not by flashing with
> > dfu-util.
>
> well, the download from qtopia ist meant exactly to be flashed -- the tar
> ball contains a kernel image (uImage) and a rootfs image.

Right. Maybe I was a bit unclear, sorry for that. The Qtopia "ROM flash
images" from [1] are indeed meant to be flashed.

But I'm not sure whether Mr. Brown tried to flash such an image - he
wrote something about "flashing a keyboard" and "many downloads there
including one the requires 2.1M". That sounds more like [2], and those
applications are not meant to be flashed. That's why I asked whether he
means the application downloads.

Regards,
Thomas

[1] http://www.qtopia.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=6