Pre-Flash backup of rootfs failure (new kind)

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Mon Jul 28 23:43:29 CEST 2008

doh... for some reason I had 128M in mind for the size of NAND flash....
thus didn't wait sufficiently long to get all 256M of 0xFFs ;-)

now I finished downloading it and it ended with

Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
Transfer Size = 0x1000
dfu_upload error -84

and on laptop dmesg says
[43721.827595] NETDEV WATCHDOG: usb0: transmit timed out
and FR went to reboot after it was done reading that partition.

I wonder if that error is actually an error or just a sign that it read
everything which was provided and just didn't have proper end of
connection (phone just went to boot). I guess it should be safe to flush
those downloaded files back into FR, right? :-) Would it be safe to
remove trailing 0xFFs?

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark