my sound and aux/power buttons are dead

Dimitri spam2 at
Tue Jul 29 00:41:27 CEST 2008

My aux and power buttons, along with my sound, no longer work.

The only post I've found that even mentions these symptoms is by Jim Morris:

He said it had something to do with the "/etc/matchbox/session" being
accidentally corrupted.

I too have tweaked this file when I added "keyboard" to the session file (so
the keyboard icon shows up in the corner of the screen).

However, I'm not sure if this the cause, because the session file seems to
function fine either way. I've tried reverting the file (by removed
"keyboard"), but that doesn't do anything except remove the keyboard toggle

Now, here's the really strange part:
If I uninstall some random app... any app... after a few seconds, PRESTO!
The start-up sound file suddenly chimes (the one you'd normally hear when
the phone boots up) and the aux/power buttons work again!

Unfortunately, this is short-lived: if I restart the phone, the buttons and
sound stop working again :(

This is driving me batty. Any suggestions would be welcomed.