Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

casaubon jputhoff at
Tue Jul 29 01:38:25 CEST 2008

Hi, all.

I went to pick up my FR to make a call earlier, and the screen locker
responded *really, really* slowly. Desktop was equally slow in response. I
powered down (gracefully, it seemed to me) using the power settings menu,
but the device refuses to boot again (it can't get past the mokologo
splash). I can get into u-boot, but when I select "BOOT" from that menu, I
get the following:

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000 size 0x200000
2097152 bytes read:OK
booting image at 32000000
bad magic number

The phone should have been at full charge; it was plugged into my desktop
all morning/afternoon. I last updated on Sunday, I think. Any ideas?

In mathematics, you don't understand things; you just get used to them.
~John Von Neumann