xiangfu at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 29 02:41:38 CEST 2008
you can download new kernel and rootfs from 
and use "dfu-util" download them to your FR,
it is something like reset the fireware.
1. Download new kernel, rootfs and dfu-util
2. enter DFU-MODE ( hold AUX button then hold POWER button release AUX after 1 second, hold POWER button until the screen show UBOOT)
3. connect your FR and PC with usb cable.
4. then you can use dfu-util to download kernel and rootfs to your FreeRunner, the dfu-util command will find FR automatic .(make sure there only FR connect with your PC , no other USB device )
"dfu-util -a kernel -R -D ./kernel****"
"dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D ./rootfs*****"
then you can start you phone. plug it to your PC.
1. "ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200"
2. "ssh root at 192.168.0.202"
3. then your get a shell. do what you want do.
hope this can help you. :-)
rocco scaccia wrote:
> I tried what you wrote. I will keep trying but im not as advanced as you and the other users.
> I will need you to please spell it out to the point where your trying to teach a child. Everything painfully explained. I am very sorry that I havent been a sharp student.
> Thank you
More information about the support