xiangfu xiangfu at
Tue Jul 29 02:41:38 CEST 2008

you can download new kernel and rootfs from [1]
and use "dfu-util"[2] download them to your FR,
it is something like reset the fireware.

1. Download new kernel, rootfs and dfu-util
2. enter DFU-MODE ( hold AUX button then hold POWER button release AUX after 1 second, hold POWER button until the screen show UBOOT)
3. connect your FR and PC with usb cable.
4. then you can use dfu-util to download kernel and rootfs to your FreeRunner, the dfu-util command will find FR automatic .(make sure there only FR connect with your PC , no other USB device )
    "dfu-util -a kernel -R -D ./kernel****"
    "dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D ./rootfs*****"

then you can start you phone. plug it to your PC.
at PC:
1. "ifconfig usb0"
2. "ssh root at"
3. then your get a shell. do what you want do.

hope this can help you. :-)