Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at
Tue Jul 29 05:51:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 6:38 PM, casaubon <jputhoff at> wrote:

> Hi, all.
> I went to pick up my FR to make a call earlier, and the screen locker
> responded *really, really* slowly. Desktop was equally slow in response. I
> powered down (gracefully, it seemed to me) using the power settings menu,
> but the device refuses to boot again (it can't get past the mokologo
> splash).

I'm in a similar situation, though I haven't tried anything in u-boot.  This
happened when I opkg updated the system tonight from a 20080722 image (which
appears to be the most recent available image on the buildhost).  I've had
this problem after updating both ASU and 2007.2 images.  Also, I received
the following error on each rootfs while opkg updating:

Configuring kernel
update-alternatives: Linking //boot/uImage to uImage-2.6.24
Configuring kernel-2.6.24
Configuring kernel-image-2.6.24
Upgrading Kernel in Flash
DO NOT stop this process
Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 7e0000 -- 98 % complete.
open input file: No such file or directory

My guess is opkg isn't updating the kernel properly.

Type faster. Use Dvorak: