Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

casaubon jputhoff at
Tue Jul 29 06:52:49 CEST 2008

Dylan Semler wrote:
> My guess is opkg isn't updating the kernel properly.
> --
> Dylan

Yeah, I suppose this was my first reboot since the update. Very aggravating.
The phone has every indication of being bricked:

I cannot get a USB connection to the device, or I'd try flashing it. Plus,
the phone tends to shut itself off if left unattended in uboot. Is there a
way to restore the factory image that is internal to the phone?