"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Jul 29 18:08:13 CEST 2008
Charles Hill wrote:
> I'm currently running Qtopia on my FreeRunner.
> Version: 4.3.2 snapshot 07221045 Submitted Date 2008/7/24
I've used it too, and I'd like to post some notes too (well, isn't there
However I've found these bugs:
- Contacts unfiltrable (The keyboard should pop-up like in ASU)
- Message not shown (if I do "yes, show message" it goes back to home)
- Message tiny icon disappear also if there are messages not read
- Read/unread messages count is wrong to me
- Apps run while finger scrolling (tapping should need more power)
- The buttons are hard to push using finger (in ASU they're not)
- Predictive needs more accents (or understand a special char like
"ì, à, ù, è, é..." without need of writing it just following the
dictionary since they should be considered as their relative
- Allow to remove last written char in predictive (not all the word)
- Unlock menu stays on bottom bar on boot also after unlocking the sim
- Missing support for USSD gsm request (i'd need them for credit check)
- I guess that when refusing a call, it's sent a wrong "busy" code to
the carrier since I get a sms notification of the missed call (and
I should get that only if my mobile is off or there's no GSM signal).
- I can't register voice clips (seconds counter rests to 0)
- There's a buzz-noise during a call in my speaker, I've fixed it
setting the openmoko gsmheadset.state scenario decreasing to 103 the
Mono Playback Volume control.
- The vibration is too low, I'd set a 255 value to the sys device.
- I've received some SMSs only after running 2007.2 gtk version.
However those are notes to the most usable distro for Freerunner,
actually (also if it lacks of GPS/Net/Sip apps support :/).
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
More information about the support