Capricious USB connection

Mikael Berthe mikael.berthe at lilotux.net
Tue Jul 29 20:38:30 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I noticed several times a problem when connecting the FR to a host PC.

When it happens, the (Linux) host won't recognize the Neo as a network
device, and -- more annoying -- the Neo won't fast-charge.

The only solution I have found is to reboot the FR (and sometimes it
isn't enough, last time I had to remove the battery).

(I tried with several machines so, a priori, it doesn't seem to be a
problem with the host PC.)

On the host, the kern logs look like this:
  kernel: hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 5
  kernel: usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
  kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 10
  kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 11
  kernel: usb 4-1: device not accepting address 11, error -71
  kernel: usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 12
  kernel: usb 4-1: device not accepting address 12, error -71
  kernel: hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

Have you ever seen this?
Any advice for the next time it occurs? :)

Regards,
--
MiKael