Qtopia Questions/Bugs/Suggestions (fwd)

lpotter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 29 22:43:14 CEST 2008

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" writes:

> Charles Hill wrote:
>> I'm currently running Qtopia on my FreeRunner.
>> Version: 4.3.2 snapshot 07221045 Submitted Date 2008/7/24
>
> I've used it too, and I'd like to post some notes too (well, isn't there
> a bugzilla?).

Yes. http://www.trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker
and to report bugs:
http://trolltech.com/bugreport-form

> However I've found these bugs:
>
>   - Contacts unfiltrable (The keyboard should pop-up like in ASU)
>   - Message not shown (if I do "yes, show message" it goes back to home)

known issue. will make the bug public

>   - Message tiny icon disappear also if there are messages not read
>   - Read/unread messages count is wrong to me
>   - Apps run while finger scrolling (tapping should need more power)
>   - The buttons are hard to push using finger (in ASU they're not)
>   - Predictive needs more accents (or understand a special char like
>     "ì, à, ù, è, é..." without need of writing it just following the
>     dictionary since they should be considered as their relative
>     standard char)

do not submit this one please, as the extended characters are experimental
until this gets a proper fix.

>   - Allow to remove last written char in predictive (not all the word)
You can click on the word. and then in the edit box you can backspace.

>   - Unlock menu stays on bottom bar on boot also after unlocking the sim
>   - Missing support for USSD gsm request (i'd need them for credit check)
>   - I guess that when refusing a call, it's sent a wrong "busy" code to
>     the carrier since I get a sms notification of the missed call (and
>     I should get that only if my mobile is off or there's no GSM signal).

I think this works fine. Suppose you have your phone on your desk, and are
outside playing with your kids. A call comes in but since you cannot hear
it, it is 'missed'. I want to be notified explicitly and prominently when I
return to my phone that I missed the call.

>   - I can't register voice clips (seconds counter rests to 0)
>   - There's a buzz-noise during a call in my speaker, I've fixed it
>     setting the openmoko gsmheadset.state scenario decreasing to 103 the
>     Mono Playback Volume control.
>   - The vibration is too low, I'd set a 255 value to the sys device.
>   - I've received some SMSs only after running 2007.2 gtk version.

hmm odd. works fne here and I havent run that for a few weeks.

> However those are notes to the most usable distro for Freerunner,
> actually (also if it lacks of GPS/Net/Sip apps support :/).

soon, my friend.