Stereo Jack Quirks

Felix Mahnke fspmc at web.de
Tue Jul 29 23:34:40 CEST 2008

Hi Karthik,

this sounds like a mechanical issue to me.

Seems like on the phone-jack side only one channel delivers a sound signal.
If you pull it out this one contact connects to both channels of your
earphone.

The result is, that you hear mono-sound on both sides of your earphone.

Try to change the setting not just for volume or device, but for balance.
Choose a soundsource, that produces a traceable stereo-signal. If you only
hear one channel on both ears, then in my opinion a hardware-failure is the
the only conclusion. Then you should bring your telephone to the shop, where
you bought it.

regards, Felix