Battery discharging after long time connected to the power charger ?

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 30 09:42:45 CEST 2008

There are two reported bugs:

1) Plugging into a power source doesn't reliably enable the charger,
regardless of battery percentage.

2) I think that after the phone reaches 100% charge, the battery icon is
supposed to change to a green "discharging" icon.  However, the
percentage remaining should not significantly decrease while its in this
state (it shouldn't drop to less than ~95% from what I've seen).  If it
does decrease, then you've hit the second bug.  Moving to a new charger
switches the icon back to the "charging" icon, but that probably doesn't
matter too much.

Updating the kernel should fix (1), but seems to be rendering
Freerunners unbootable at the moment...  (It fixed mine once I manually
reflashed the correct kernel image.)  I think they might still need
people that have encountered (2) to test to see if it has been fixed.

-Rusty