Stereo Jack Quirks

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 30 09:47:50 CEST 2008

My connector acted like this, and I thought it was broken.  Also,
sometimes it would cut out, then come back, as though it was being muted
by alsa.  Pulling it out a bit seemed to help, but perhaps it was just
playing the same channel in both ears.

I turned out it was stiff, and I had to push the headphone connector in
a bit further to get it to seat properly.  I haven't had a problem with
it since (and it's no longer stiff)

-Rusty