Freerunner: GSM Contacts

Joachim Breitner mail at
Wed Jul 30 09:50:15 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 18.07.2008, 18:20 -0600 schrieb Joey Stanford:
> The SIM on an unlocked Motorola K1 and Motorola V3 allows me to see
> all my contacts on the SIM.
> When I load the SIM into the Freerunner, I can only see about 10 of
> them (the first 10 in fact).  This happens on 2007.2  as well as ASU.
> I'm using ASU exclusively now from the dailies.
> I've hooked up the K1 to Motorola Phone Tools, read in all the SIM
> contacts, deleted all of the SIM contacts, and rewrote out the stored
> contacts to the SIM.  This was helpful in that previously any contact
> containing a dash in the number also wasn't read by 2007.2.  (e.g.
> 1-222-333-4444 woudn't be read but  12223334444 would be).   I thought
> at first this was just a dash problem since the neo was showing 10 of
> these and they all had no dashes.  The new contents on the SIM card
> are stored without dashes and now, as above, I only get the first 10
> (or so).
> Any ideas on how to overcome this?  Normal phone operations work (e.g.
> I can call you!) so I wouldn't file this under the SIM issues reported
> with ATT SIM cards.

Dunno about the SIM card reading problem, but patches that improve
2007.2’s handling of numbers with dashes are available at

Although I’m not sure if I will do the work to make these patches
acceptable for inclusion (currently, they were rejected with comments),
as 2007.2 is a developer’s dead end, and the SHR changes the programs
too much to just merge these patches. But I use the patches and if you
can build your own openmoko image/ipk’s, then you can use them as well.

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail: mail at | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Key: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata at |
  Debian Developer: nomeata at