Freerunner: GSM Contacts

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 16:29:11 CEST 2008

Has anyone tried the python script to Import Sim Contacts
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Sim_Contacts)?  If the low level
AT commands work, that script should work, I believe.  If it doesn't,
at least it's pretty easy to edit the script to log the output and see
how it fails.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Jim Colton <jimcolt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sometimes none or some of the contacts on my SIM from T-Mobile are seen.   I
> discovered that if I put the SIM back into the cheapo T-Mobile phone and
> then re-insert into the Freerunner they _all_ appear again.  I don't know
> what makes them go away in the Freerunner.
>
> Once I flashed a new rootfs but home is on the microSD.  They were gone
> until home was mounted (I had to restore the clobbered fstab).   Another
> time I flashed, did the same remounting but still none until I put the SIM
> in the T-Mobile phone and powered up and then put it back into the
> Freerunner.
>
> Jim
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org>
> wrote:
>>

>> Joey Stanford wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Apologies if this has been asked before. I haven't seen it on the
>> > various lists.
>> >
>> > I'm using a USA T-Mobile SIM.
>> >
>> > The SIM on an unlocked Motorola K1 and Motorola V3 allows me to see
>> > all my contacts on the SIM.
>> > When I load the SIM into the Freerunner, I can only see about 10 of
>> > them (the first 10 in fact).  This happens on 2007.2  as well as ASU.
>> > I'm using ASU exclusively now from the dailies.
>> >
>> > I've hooked up the K1 to Motorola Phone Tools, read in all the SIM
>> > contacts, deleted all of the SIM contacts, and rewrote out the stored
>> > contacts to the SIM.  This was helpful in that previously any contact
>> > containing a dash in the number also wasn't read by 2007.2.  (e.g.
>> > 1-222-333-4444 woudn't be read but  12223334444 would be).   I thought
>> > at first this was just a dash problem since the neo was showing 10 of
>> > these and they all had no dashes.  The new contents on the SIM card
>> > are stored without dashes and now, as above, I only get the first 10
>> > (or so).
>> >
>> > Any ideas on how to overcome this?  Normal phone operations work (e.g.
>> > I can call you!) so I wouldn't file this under the SIM issues reported
>> > with ATT SIM cards.
>>

>> Interesting problem. I have this problem too. Dunno if anyone else does.
>>
>> Why don't you go ahead and create a TRAC item for this. You can copy the
>> text from your email as you've made an excellent description. Then send
>> me the link and I'll add my info.
>>
>> Michael

If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.