where's terminal in qemu / devel-rootfs?

H. Rosmanith moko at wildsau.enemy.org
Wed Jul 30 23:17:57 CEST 2008

hello,

in order to login to the emulation (I'd like to install
compilers there instead of on the real hardware), I need
to have a network connection.

wiki (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU#How_to_get_it_running)
says:

    On the Neo side, open a terminal and run the command "pppd nodetach
    debug /dev/ttySAC1".

Problem is that I just cannot open a terminal. I have a rootfs
from 22.7.2008, openmoko-devel-image-om-gta01.jffs2.

When I select "applications", a list with available applications
shows up, but there's no terminal application. On the other
hand, there's a scrollbar, indicating there's more below the
list. Unfortunately, it's impossible to move the bar - neither
by mouse, nor by keyboard.

What's the best way to compile applications for device? Install
the developer tools (cc,binutils) on microSD and compile things
on the real hardware, or use qemu for it?

kind regards,
H. Rosmanith