OM2007.2

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:35:48 CEST 2008

The SHR project is right now doing work to maintain 2007.2.  Our first
work is just to port it to run on the FSO framework since we've found
it to be much more stable than gsmd, but we are also very interested
in any kind of bugfixes or basic improvements.

You can read more (and see how to join the project) at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Stable_Hybrid_Release

Bobby

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Lon Lentz <lon.lentz at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I would be curious to know what kind of developer numbers (non-OM
> employees) would provide support to a fork of OM2007.2 into a purely
> community driven project?
>
>  Does everyone think 2007 is a dead path and that the ASU/FSO course
> is the only one to follow?
>

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
> <mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:
>> Openmoko does not actively develop OM2007.2, all resources are going into ASU
>> (and the framework initiative). I think we should move to SHR once they have
>> their first release. In the meantime, someone could/should drag all the
>> Openmoko sources into a public Om project repository and continue developing
>> 2007.2 there. If that's going to happen, ping me and I'll change the
>> respective BitBake recipes in OE to pull from the new location.

If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.