OM2007.2 continuously freezes!

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Jul 31 03:36:26 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Hello, since the first time I've used my Freerunner I had serious
> problems with the GTK 2007.2 version that is simply unusable to me.

I've to add to this crying list also the FSO. :(
Just tried the milestone 2, it's so nice, but it freezes like the GTK one.

Yesterday night I've rebooted the gtk distro, I've upgraded it leaving
the phone turned on all the night (making it dim). Next day it was
operative and I wasn't quite able to make it freeze (and I've played
with it a lot). After some good reboots it freezed again (but it always
happens only when I'm playing with it using the touchscreen).
So It freezes only when there are inputs...

This evening I've tried the FSO getting exactly the same problems so
I've figured that problem resides in Xglamo (or maybe in glamo itself?
:o) since both the two well-working distros I've tested (Qtopia and ASU)
are using different systems (Qtopia writes directly to fb, while ASU
uses Xfbdev). Agree?
In fact one of the glamo related error I got on the first startup was
saying something like "spin_lock_irqsave"... Maybe I could retry it!

Any help to get a log of my freezes (syslogd doesn't help)?

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/