Is a 12 MB/s microSD overkill for what the glamo driver does?

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Thu Jul 31 04:10:23 CEST 2008

Jim Colton wrote:
> If anyone cares this is the card I have coming and will speed test by
> using dd(1) from the device to dev/null.

I wrote a small benchmark program that will measure both read and write
speeds for a file. A binary is available at
http://members.shaw.ca/mmontour/neo/iospeed (add a ".c" for the source).

Usage is: ./iospeed <file> <size-in-MiB>. Note that measurements with
this program may not be valid on a jffs2 filesystem (due to compression)
but it should be OK for SD-card measurements.

This thread on the Community list has some measurements from an 8G
Sandisk card:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-July/021270.html