OM2007.2

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:42:17 CEST 2008

The SHR bandwagon is well underway, and barreling along.  gsm-panel is
ported to FSO completely, dialer3 is underway (all of our C interface
to FSO is done, barring some tweaks, and the SIM pin UI is done, only
a little farther until we're ready to release).  We still have a
little work to do that you can see on the Stable Hybrid Release wiki
page and on the shr-devel projects mailing list.

Please do join us now.  The activity is mostly happening in svn (of
course) and in #openmoko-cdevel on chat.freenode.net.  The people most
"in the know" will be primarily Ainulindale and MarcOChapeau, followed
by ferric, mw|, mwester, jluis, paulproteus, and wurp (me), in no
particular order.  Most activity in IRC happens between about 5pm and
1am GMT.

Bobby

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:46 AM, sparky mat <max at sparkymat.net> wrote:
> I still love om2007.2 !! Waiting to jump into the SHR bandwagon as soon as
> it gets going :-)
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I would be curious to know what kind of developer numbers (non-OM
>> > employees) would provide support to a fork of OM2007.2 into a purely
>> > community driven project?
>>
>> I'll tag along if there is a fork.
>>
>> > Does everyone think 2007 is a dead path and that the ASU/FSO course
>> > is the only one to follow?
>>
>> Not me!  I witnessed all the work that went into OM 2007.2 over the
>> last couple of years - including the days of OE - and when it was all
>> chucked out for 'the new stuff' it was, frankly, a bit miserable.
>>

>> ;
>> --
>> Jay Vaughan

If it doesn't make you smile, you're doing something wrong.