SD card corruption?
sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 31 19:34:36 CEST 2008
My FR's SDHC card's partition table became corrupted recently. Any
ideas why? I'm using a sandisk 8GB SDHC. This happened over the
weekend, and it's been since I reformatted the card monday morning.
The following things happened between when it was known-good, and
known-bad. I'm running an updated factory image:
- opkg update
- (Updated with "deadly" kernel package that zeros out the kernel
image then fails to reflash)
- Attempted to upload contents of flash to laptop. It produced a big
file full of garbage on my laptop.
- Flashed + Booted using qtopia kernel. Bad crashes happened.
- Booted using correct (hand converted) kernel
- Enabled suspend/resume. Resume worked, but broke pulse audio
- Disabled suspend/resume.
Anyway, I'd like to know which of these things killed the partition
table so I can file a bug report (if appropriate). Any ideas?
More information about the support