QT Extended version 4.4.2 release is out!

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 08:35:50 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:05:39 -0700 (PDT)
> Dareus <dareus.persarumrex at gmail.com> (D)
> wrote:
> /wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner
> >>

> >Thanks for your help, but i know how to flash the FR ;) I wasn't
> >talking about neotool.
> >I was talking about the "Qt Extended update for Neo" which can be
> >found at http://qtextended.org/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=88
> >

> i see... i wasn't aware of it... has anyone tried yet? working ok?
>
> OK, overnight test results here for the binary update.

Highlights: almost there in becoming a daily phone now.

Basics: unpack everything in /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia, best accomplished
through SSH.

Good parts:

# Headphones work, finally!

# Echo is mostly gone, gsm buzzing is also suppressed, and this is probably
with my existing .state files.  The full rootfs and kernel flash might
actually have better results, but will need first hand opinions to be sure.

# Scrolling is a bit easier in the Applications and Settings menus

# There is now a search function in call records, which is ironic (see
below).

Bad parts:

# Qterminal missing in either Applications or Settings!  Fortunately I had a
shortcut in my favourites list, and it works, so the application is at least
still there.

# Scrolling is worse in the contacts list, and why is no search function
provided through the contacts application like in the messaging application?

# On the flip side, there is no option to view contacts by group under the
messaging application.  I wonder if there has been any user demand for such
functionality.

# Opening the Application or Settings menu item, and filling up of the list
of applications therein seem to be a bit slower.

# I got one case of the phone getting frozen halfway out of suspend (screen
came back but phone was unresponsive), but otherwise it seems to work fine.

Ugly parts:

# Not found anything yet.

Wanted:

# Apart from the above, help in determining why my GPRS won't work, and how
to make it work.