4.4.2 quick feedback, was: Re: QT Extended version 4.4.2 release is out!

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:08:29 CET 2008

2008/11/3 Jaroslav Reznik <rezza at seznam.cz>

> Hi all!
> As I have read this thread and tried 4.4.2 by myself, it looks like every
> new release
> is more and more buggy :( QtE guys took bad example from OpenMoko
> developers :(
> Is there any QA guy(s)/department testing new releases? If not, I'm willing
> to join
> and help with community testing! QtE should be more open to community, not
> only open
> source, but open process... Public code repository - users can test
> changes, can send
> patches etc., public bugzilla (or more accessible one).
>
> QtE is still best Freerunner distribution and thanks for great job, but
> releasing phone
> software which is unusable as phone :( More QA will help domination in
> Freerunners :)
> And again - I'd like to help because I like QtE!
>
> R.
>
> Non Sequitur follows:

Sadly, the openness of the FR is restricted due to NDAs on key hardware
signed by its developers, so it is not really *that* open.  And therefore,
what the community can contribute is limited.  The basic problems are
largely unsolved.

At least, when they find a way to fix the echo and buzzing issues in
hardware (as they did for GPS), I hope they or their resellers will recall
the phones, fix all of them and return them promptly.