broken screen: how to auto-turn FR into bluetooth/USB GPS?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at
Tue Nov 4 11:50:32 CET 2008

Herve5.freerunner at writes:
> - I am using Mandriva and FR more out of political decisions than geek
> competence: consider I am indeed quite a newbie, and the more step-by-step
> your advice will be, the better it'll be to get me out of despair ;-)

I am not sure how detailed instructions I can give but the following
should work:

1) install debian
2) apt-get remove fso-frameworkd udev zhone fso-gpsd zhone-session
3) apt-get install gpsd and configure it to use "/dev/ttySAC1"
4) add something like
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron
to /etc/rc.local so that GPS gets power
5) read and configure
   bluetooth networking
6) if you can ping your phone over bluetooth networking you should be
   able to also access the gpsd (tcp port 2947).

I have personally used tcp/ip over bluetooth under debian on the
freerunner so the above steps should work although they might be bit