Accelerometers jerky with new stable kernels?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at iki.fi
Thu Nov 6 11:48:44 CET 2008

2008/11/6 Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net>:
> What do you mean with "working fine now"? Are they working as they were always
> or are they now really working (no crashes on suspend or after some minutes of
> use)?

"Working fine" as in accelerometer using applications (I have
AccelGame and Doom) work, unlike with the patch (jerkiness). I don't
use suspend with my own kernels since resume is always broken -
probably because I only flash the self-compiled kernel and don't know
how I could easily also copy the compiled modules into use on Neo.

2008/11/6 Alastair Johnson <alastair at truebox.co.uk>:
> Does it need reverting, or do you just need to echo a smaller value to
> threshold when you want to use the accels for game control?

I installed/flashed back the kernel from testing. It might be the
threshold should just be lower. Unfortunately currently it seems that
/sys/devices/platform/lis302dl.1/sample_rate is fixed to 100. Ie. if I
do echo 10 >
/sys/devices/platform/lis302dl.1/sample_rate, it's immediately back to
100 if I cat it. So I really can't test if the lower value would help.

Reverting is probably pointless as such, as most probably the whole
rework on the accelerometer side has it meanings (like the suggested
suspend problems), but I just haven't found another way to get
accelerometers working fluently without reverting the patch in
question.

-Timo