Android first try - kurz und schmerzlos

Roman Pszonczenko xtensa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:00:22 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Following the instructions on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Seanmcneil3
> I flashed the kernel and rootfs and prepared a SD-card. After booting, it
> took like 20 seconds before something appeared on the screen (see
> http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=androidtestiy0.png). Later the
> desktop screen came up. After I made the picture, the screen went black and
> remained black, no matter what I tried (tapping, clicking on buttons). USB
> didn't react either. Finally I took out the battery. Anything else I should
> try before I overwrite the NAND with something else?

Well, it went black because it went to sleep. It is said that kernel
2.6.26 wil not resume properly, so you have to go to the Settings menu
and disable energy saving. I had the same situation but I just
rebooted...

Another issue is triangular screen blinking when the background is
shadowed, for example when popup windows appear. But overall
impression is good - works faster then other distros on neo. Of course
it is only a proof of concept at the moment - ex. you cannot enter any
text right now. But it really nice to see it working.

Didn't managed to get USB working too...
Roman