Dead freerunner

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Nov 10 11:36:09 CET 2008

> Anyways, what I still wonder is how come the phone got discharged when
> it had some 10% charge left when I plugged it in (yes, I plugged it in
> properly).

afair there's still an issue with charging -- once the fr reaches 100% the
current taken drops to 100mA, though while running the fr takes far more
than that.
effect: the fr slowly discharges (despite being plugged in).
but there's nothing watching the process and triggering re-charge at a
certain level, but the fr drains the battery and then it dies (it does not
suspend at a critical level either).
your best bet is to enable the leds to reflect the charging state (orange
- charging, blue -full or so) and once the led changes to disconnect your
fr.

a better way, though, would probably be a script (cron?) polling sysfs for
charging state/level/usb and when plugged in and the level dropping below,
say, 75% triggering charge.