GSM Dropping

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 17:30:14 CET 2008

Thank you Alastair,
I believe the latest OM version is 2008.9, which was released well before
the bug was patched.  I am unable to find the daily builds of OM, are they
available?

I have been unable to get gsm0710muxd working properly yet, I believe this
is necessary for me to install minicom in order to input the AT commands.
 So I'm guessing inputing AT%SLEEP=2 is a simple solution, I need to get to
where I can input the command.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Alastair Johnson <alastair at truebox.co.uk>wrote:

> Paul wrote:
> > I know there is a bug about the GSM network dropping for certain
> > carriers which is supposed to be patched but not released.
> >
> > Has anyone found a workaround for this?
>
> If you mean bug #1024 the workaround is to prevent deep sleep of the GSM
> modem using AT%SLEEP=2. I think most of the distros now include a patch
> to detect frequent reregistration and issue this command if it is found.
>  They may reenable deep sleep some time later in case the problem has
> gone away.

Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray