GSM Dropping

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 18:02:49 CET 2008

Paul wrote:
> Thank you Alastair,
>
> I believe the latest OM version is 2008.9, which was released well
> before the bug was patched.  I am unable to find the daily builds of OM,
> are they available?

Daily testing builds are available at:
http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/
You can get to the same place by setting your opkg feeds to
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/testing/whatever then using
opkg update and opkg upgrade.

> I have been unable to get gsm0710muxd working properly yet, I believe
> this is necessary for me to install minicom in order to input the AT
> commands.  So I'm guessing inputing AT%SLEEP=2 is a simple solution, I
> need to get to where I can input the command.

gsm0710muxd is also useful for making data connections without having to
stop qpe. If you use gsm0710muxd then mickeyterm will be easier to use
than minicom since it is aware of the multiplexer and will make the
multiplexed connection for you. Once in mickeyterm issue the sleep
command then use Ctrl-d to exit. You should only need to run it once
after booting the phone.