VPN client installation?

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Nov 11 05:37:16 CET 2008

> I got the vpnc package from that site and the shell can't find the binary
> file no matter how I try to execute. It's in the PATH, but when I use the
> vpnc command, it says it can't find the file. So I went to the folder that
> it was at and tried ./vpnc and it gives me the same thing...

Sounds like it's looking for /lib/ld.so whereas you only have
/lib/ld-linux.so (or some such difference), in which case the error
message is often just the confusing one you mention.  Check "ldd ./vpn",
it may give you a hint.  In most likelihood, tho, it will just tell you
(indirectly) that you can't use this binary on this system.

> I also got openvpn but I have no idea how to set it up.

OpenVPN uses another protocol than the one used by `vpnc', so unless you
know that you're connecting to something that supports the OpenVPN
protocol, it probably won't help you.

If I were you, I'd try and install the Debian distribution for
the Openmoko.  Then you can just do "apt-get install vpnc".

        Stefan