Neo Freerunner stopped booting (not due to the battery)

Ales Horak ales.horak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:50:12 CET 2008

Hi,

arne anka wrote:
> > I have found out that when Neo stops at the 40%, it is staying in
> > /etc/rcS.d/S40networking at the command:
> >
> >     echo -n "Configuring network interfaces... "
> >     ifup -a
> >
> > it never gets after the "ifup".
>

> the only network device available at that time should be usb0. have  a
> look i it is there at all.
> if not, search for g_ether below /lib/modules and/or put an lsmod before
> that ifup -a to check if it is loaded.

lsmod displays just one module - ipv6
ifconfig does not show any interface
the only '*ether*' module under /lib/modules is
/lib/modules/2.6.24/kernel/drivers/net/usb/cdc_ether.ko

however, if I boot the Neo fully from the SD-card with Om2008.9,
then lsmod displays the same module (ipv6) and cdc_ether is also
the only '*ether*' module found.
ifconfig displays eth0, lo and usb0.

> as a workaround (i do not know, how the script continues) you might try to
> put an & at the end of that line
> ifup -a &
> so that, hopefully, the process backgrounds and the booting continues.

hmm - and is this a good idea?

bye,
--
Ales Horak