Is there a dfu-util that can successfully backup an existing flash?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 12 09:19:20 CET 2008

Bill,

<shameless self-promotion>

NeoTool will backup whatever you like, including rootfs, to a flashable
image.

It uses dfu-util for things like uboot, and the ssh / mkfs.jffs method
method described elswehere to backup rootfs, and  the images you get are
flashable.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NeoTool

</shameless self-promotion>

Cheers,