Battery Indicator Problem

Quasar ahmad221284 at
Wed Nov 12 11:51:51 CET 2008

I asked about this problem before, but I mislabelled it as an FSO issue. As
it turns out, this problems happens with any distro I use except Qt Extended
(I tried OM2008.9, FDOM, Android, FSO, and SHR). Whatever I use, everything
boots without problems but the battery indicator seems to show a 0% charge
even though I'm sure it's almost full. If I try to charge the battery, the
status is detected as charging, but the time to full charge does not change
no matter how long I keep charging it. My battery is a CC, and below are the
"cat" results which are returned while charging:

cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/charge_full:
cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/current_now:
cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/capacity: 0

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem and how I can fix it? Could
it be a problem with the battery itself?