Best Dist only for GPS usage (and maybe wlan)?
jl_lists at donalbain.de
Thu Nov 13 00:40:02 CET 2008
I'm going on holiday in two weeks and I intend to use my freerunner only as
GPS-device without GSM-card there. I'd like to use tangoGPS and download loads
of maps from google and OSM beforehand. The question is: which distribution
would be the best? My wishes for fast access and best battery usage:
- good power management
- reliable suspend
- waking up only on button pressed, not on touching screen
- easy and fast turning on and off of GPS receiver (for browsing the maps
indoors without reception)
- fast start of TangoGPS (not like in FDOM!)
- good control over extra phone services like wlan or bluetooth
- phone function is absolutely irrelevant!
wlan would be nice, but is not crucial.
Also: As far as I see, there seems to be no function in tangoGPS that shows
you the direction (as the crow flies) to a selected waypoint, right? Is there
an application which can do that? So that I can easily set a point and find my
way back later, just like in my old Garmin eTrex?
Any hints are appreciated!
Jörg at home
More information about the support