Best Dist only for GPS usage (and maybe wlan)?

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:55:40 CET 2008

2008/11/13 Joerg Lippmann <jl_lists at donalbain.de>

> Am Donnerstag 13 November 2008 schrieb Andrew Chu:
> > I just tried the SHR preview:
> > http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-testing/images/neo1973/
> >
> > and I have to say that Wifi and TangoGPS appear to work really well.
> > All you have to do is run TangoGPS and the GPS subsystem will
> > automatically turn on.  I think GPS is supposed to turn off once you
> > exit any application that makes use of that service.
>
> hmm, flashed it, does not boot. It never leaves the OM-bootlogo. I used
>
> shr-image-om-gta02.jffs2
> uImage-2.6.24+r10+gitrf5b973489beb1a1239dfad53e3ad6e36ff7ee958-r10-om-
> gta02.bin

 I took the same kernel, but a different rootfs:
http://shr.bearstech.com/shr-testing/images/neo1973/openmoko-shr-image-lite-glibc-ipk--20081110-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2-
and it works so far. Btw, I always download kernel and rootfs to the
SD-card (while having booted from SD-card before), then I erase flash and
use nandwrite to install the new images. After that I can copy some files to
the new rootfs like dropbear hostkeys, root/.ssh directory and such before I
finally boot the new system from flash.