Instructions for using Neo's GPRS connection via Bluetooth added!

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 20:06:39 CET 2008

Hi,

I don't believe I'd be the only who wanted this documentation. So,
thanks to Free Thursday (http://free-thursday.pieni.net/), I was able
to get enough help from another Neo user to both use Neo's GPRS via
Bluetooth from my laptop and also document it into Openmoko wiki. So
there you go:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Using_Neo.27s_connection_from_PC

I added the section months ago in the hope that someone would fill in
it, but since no-one did, I finally got myself into doing it.

So here's hoping that if you do something useful, _please_ document it
in Openmoko wiki. I know this is "trivial" Linux usage, but it's very
much useful to have it step-by-step also in Openmoko wiki.

The dial-up-networking part would be available for writing, still (so
that it'd be possible to eg. just write pon gprs on the laptop).

-Timo

ps. This post has been created on a laptop using Neo's GPRS connection
according to the instructions.