Cannot power on my neo freerunner anymore

Andy Green andy at
Fri Nov 14 13:48:47 CET 2008

| I almost think that it's the battery that went mad temporarily (see

The batteries do have a "safety cutoff" feature that disconnects the
actual battery part from the terminals at the top of the battery.  The
cutoff is triggered by various things that make the battery feel
"threatened" including too deep discharge.  Once it is cutoff, this is

To reconnect the battery to the terminals you need to show the terminals
a highish voltage briefly, I give the battery 0V and V+ terminals some
power from USB for a second or so (but then my laptop doesn't care about
a short on USB power, so do at your own risk if you use that power
source and don't leave it connected for longer than a second or two).
This resets the battery protection circuit and then this can help get
the Freerunner started and into charging mode again.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -