Crostalk of voice input and output in openmoko FreeRunner

Paul paultsai at
Sun Nov 23 23:33:59 CET 2008

Hello All,

I just want to add my experiences with the different distros and the echo bug.

To Date, contrary to what the release notes say, the echo bug exists
in ALL the distributions I've tried.  This is 200X.X, FSO, FDOM, and
QT Extended.  So far the only distro that has the calypso bug nailed
is the qtextended.  These are two Major bugs that will need to be
squashed in order for the Freerunner to be a phone let alone a smart

Also, in regards to using the AT%N0187, can we refrain from saying
something is the solution without providing the details?  Even after
sending this command, the no echo is only effective for 1 call after,
so it's not something a simple script can solve and someone new to the
Freerunner could hack together.

My two cents.