Vodafone 128k sim not working

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 25 01:50:27 CET 2008

I have a 128k sim from vodafone.au

Its always been flakey - pin dialog often takes many reboots/xserver
restarts before it comes up.  Removing the PIN never registers - ever
for 2008.9.

Since flashing the gsm chip, it hasnt missed a pin dialog - only 3 boots
so far, but thats far far better than anything so far ...

BillK

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 23:30 +0100, Nicola Mfb wrote:
> 2008/11/3 Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com>
>         2008/10/6 luca.pisani at birdo.net <luca.pisani at birdo.net>
>         [...]
>
>         Sorry for delay, only yesterday I had the time to go in a
>         Vodafone shop. I asked to change the 64k sim with a new one
>         (128k), before buying it they let me try the sim and it did
>         not work. I'm not using 2008.9 but can report that on FSO the
>         framework daemon reports that the SIM is not present!
>
>         As vodafone employee said that this was the first time a phone
>         does not recognize their SIMs, I'm very curious to know why
>         this very annoying problem is there, should I think that
>         openmoko did not choose a very well tested hardware component?
>
> Thanks to all of the openmoko team!
> My sim is now working with moko10 gsm firmware :)
>
> Regards
>
>           Nicola

Home in Perth!